Sunday, October 1, 2017

Welcome to 1 cup flour - a travel / expat / cooking blog

Welcome to 1 cup flour - my 1st attempt at a travel blog / expat blog / cooking blog / and possible also a video gaming experience blog (and also a technology blog) - like a noon time variety show in the Philippines or a morning show in the US.

I am not an expert cook (or chef) - I am a discount hunter which by default / necessity I had to learn how to cook so that I can survive and thrive in the places that I am assigned to.

Why 1 cup flour?

I mostly cook for myself using the most cost effective (hopefully - cheap) ingredients I can find in the supermarket (and some times in the local / wet markets in the countries / cities that I am currently residing in).

Most of the recipes of my beloved meals / dishes calls for more than one cup of flour.  When the recipe goes beyond 2 cups of flour it becomes a bit of a head ache for me as I need space in my refrigerator to store a huge dough or "pre cooking" / resting dish or left overs which I often forget about when I get engrossed with my work or travels / missions (or just by sheer lack or motivation and laziness)

I started to look for recipes that would call for less than 2 cups of flour - searching in google for 1 cup flour pizza or 1 cup flour cookie for example.  I suddenly realized that there was not website / blog that contained "1cupflour."  Hence I started this blog :)

On a rainy sunday midday in Brazzaville Congo which I just finished cooking my 2nd chicken adobo (which seemed to be the Philippine flag bearer of food known by most international foodies).

While watching the following youtube videos by:
Mei Leaf
Alex French Guy Cooking
check out their highly informative videos

Using my laptop: Dell Latitude E7470

While playing:
Pet alliance 2 and Chefdom

On my Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro (2017)

And using facebook messenger on my iPhone 5 (which is no longer supported by Apple)


No comments:

Post a Comment